Of course being pregnant has it ups and downs. And I think I somewhat blocked from my memory all the bad things about being pregnant because 7 months ago pregnancy was the best thing in the world. And although my pregnancies are quite easy compared to most there’s still those little things that are uncomfortable.
1. I love to feel the baby move- it’s an indescribable feeling but so powerful. However, sometimes I feel as though this little guy is overly active, and for the most part it doesn’t bother me. But the other night I was sitting with Steve watching a movie and the baby wouldn’t stop moving, to the point it was so distracting I couldn’t concentrate on the movie. Just somersaults one after another- Is this just the start of a rambunctious boy?
2. Fortunately for me, I’ve never been a stomach sleeper, so during pregnancy I sleep like a baby curled up on my side and I’m as comfortable as can be. However, I get these awful, awful charlie horses in my right calf, nearly every night. It absolutely kills for hours after I wake up. It’s always the same leg. It’s one of those things that I remember now how often it happened with Hallie, but I chose to forget it, memory’s back and I don’t like it one bit. They hurt!
3. My hair is out of control. I know most of your are thinking- you’ve always had frizzy gross hair- but add pregnancy and Milwaukee’s humidity and I’m a walking clown, who ate his dog fido. I can’t get this thing under control. I’ve resorted to putting my hair in a pony tail nearly every day. Steve keeps begging me to not cut it, but I’ve just about reached my limit with bad hair days, perhaps shorter hair would be more manageable.
4. Who can forget an achy back. I don’t think this requires any explanation. Everyone who’s had a baby knows how bad your back can hurt at the end of the day.
5. I sat here for a couple minutes trying to think of number five because I felt like the list wouldn’t be complete without a number five. But nothing comes to mind, so I’m cutting the list short, I don’t have any more complaints.
Looking at the list it’s even more clear I have easy pregnancies- when bad hair makes the top four bad things about pregnancy you know you have it easy. I consider myself blessed!