Once upon a time, I built a bed.

After the bed was in the bedroom, suddenly the other furniture seemed so drab and dreary. Our old dressers were functional, but they were a third level pass down from one of Steve’s relative our first week of marriage and they had seen betters days. I thought about refinishing them, but they were falling apart and not so sturdy anymore. If I’m going to put a lot of time into refinishing, I’ve got to have a solid piece to start with.

So I went on the hunt to find a new dresser. I told all my friends of my new dresser desire and asked them all to keep an eye out for a piece that would work in our room. About a month later I get a call from my friend Tiffany who was browsing through a goodwill and came across a dresser she was convinced I would like. She sent me this picture:
It was enough to get me out the door to check it out. I drove home that day with $72 less in my bank account, and not one, but two dressers!
I spent the next day and a half with the help of Tiffany, sanding, priming, sanding, painting, sanding, painting, sanding, clear coating. Quite the process.
I kept the original hardware and sprayed it black which saved some money on new knobs.

I knew exactly where I wanted the long dresser, there was a special wall in my room I had saved for it.
However, the other piece, I didn’t have a place in mind as I finished it. There wasn’t room in our bedroom, so my initial thought was to keep it in the garage and eventually there would be a special place for it.

A few days of being in the garage was all it took. My friends came over one morning and insisted we bring it into the house and find a place for it. So we did. We moved it a couple times and then settled on keeping it in the living room. So there it sits.
One day in a far off land, when are bedroom isn’t the size of a closet, perhaps these pieces will be reunited…then again perhaps not!