Our due date is Wednesday, which is so close it hurts! But last week as we met with the doctor, we decided we would be induced today.  It’s just two days before my due date and I’ve been dilated to a three for over 3 1/2 weeks. So Steve stayed home from work today, we arranged the kids to be taken care of and we got ready Sunday night.

At 9 this morning we get a call from the hospital to let us know that we were going to be delayed. I was pretty bummed – we had everything already arranged, but we decided to make the best of it.

We took the kids to McDonalds and let them play around, we did some puzzles at home. But with each passing hour both Steve and grew more anxious. Several hours later we still hadn’t heard anything. So of course we call in – and in their most impatient voice they told us they would call when they were ready for us. Then we were even more bummed. Not the way we had envisioned our day.

The kids grew tired of one another and then came the fighting. They had some good fights. And both of them spent much of the afternoon in time out. Steve and I of course, were not displaying some of our finer parenting skills! We both needed to get out of the house so by early evening we grabbed some dinner and went to the park where the kids were able to run around and scream all they wanted until bedtime.

Still no word.

So here I sit. Hours and hours after we should have been to hospital. Maybe they’ll call in the middle of the night. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not until Wednesday.

I’m not sure this is any better than waiting to go into labor! The whole idea behind the induction is to have a final date. Yet, I’m not feeling that’s the case. At this point Steve is planning on going back to work tomorrow because there’s no use in wasting another day around here. Sigh. What can you do. It’s a waiting game at this point. And because I already took the “final” pregnancy picture, I’m not taking another one!! This is it. The end.