Check your email and get back with me within 24 hours to claim your prize.
1. Aden and Anais blankets: Swaddling blankets are a must on every newborn essential list – but all blankets are not created equally and there is one that is far better than the rest: Aden and Anais Swaddle Blankets. They are made of a soft cotton muslin that only gets softer with each washing. One of the things I love most about them is how lightweight they are, in Arizona this is very important. They are generously sized which makes them much more than just a swaddle. I’ve used mine as a nursing cover, a playmat on the floor, a carseat cover, a changing pad and even a burp rag (they’re very absorbent!). Our last child became so attached to his Aden and Anais blankets that he drug them around with us everywhere we went. Find it here or at their website www.adenandanais.com.
2. Diapers: Everyone has their own preference on diapering (mine happens to be disposable) and many are brand loyal, I know we are. We tried out several brands with our first and once we found one that worked we never turned back: Pampers Swaddlers. I use the swaddlers line for size newborn and size one. I switch to regular Pampers for size 2 and once they hit size three I use the Pampers Cruisers line. I told you I was brand loyal! Find it here
3. Wipes: As much as I love Pampers diapers, I can’t stand their wipe selection. Instead I use Huggies One and Done Wipes – they’re thick, they have a nice texture and they don’t dry out easily. Exactly what I need. Find it here
4. Digital Ear Thermometer: Chances are, you already have a digital ear thermometer in your home, but if you don’t it is a must. We have the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer and it’s served it’s purpose. When the baby is young, you can easily take a read while they are sleeping and when they’re awake its a quick and painless process. Find it here
5. Diaper Cream: Desitin has been the favorite at our house. I’ve used store brands as well and they seem to work fine as well, however, the Desitin Maximum Strength seems to be a little thicker than the store brands. Compare the zinc oxide content to see how comparable different brands are. Bottom line: make sure you have some cream, you will use it. Find it here
6. Blankets: Blankets (both heavy and lightweight) are needed for babies depending on your climate and the season your baby was born. It seems as though that is one item that no one ever needs to buy because you get a million of them as gifts. But there is still one blanket I buy; Little Giraffe. It is a chenille blanket with a satin trim and it is the softest thing you will ever come across. We were given one as a gift for our first child and I bought them for the other two kids. When we lived in a cooler climate this blanket was much more essential because we used it for warmth. For our Arizona baby, we used it more for the baby to lay on because it was just so soft and cuddly. They’re pricey but its the closest thing to buy a cloud! Find it here
7. Pacifier: We were fortunate (obviously I’m a fan of the pacifier) to have two strong pacifier babies and one decent pacifier baby and they all used the same type; the green soothie. I don’t think this is necessarily the best but its the one my kids liked the best. Find it here
Now for the fun part – you have the chance to try out one of my favorite products by entering a giveaway for a 4 pack of Aden and Anais Classic Swaddlers (your choice of color/design). Open to US residents only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I'm going to have to check out the Little Giraffe blankets! Baby J could use a new blanket 🙂
I just saw this was open to US residents only. My parents own a house in the United States, does that count I can mail anything there??? Fun giveaway!
As long as the shipping address is in the US, you're good!
Sweet! How have I missed all this. We are bound to have at least one more baby, especially if I win something. haha!
Can't I enter your giveaways even if I'm not pregnant? Or maybe won't be ever again? I hope you say yes – because this is me entering!!
I've always wanted to try Aden and anais swaddles! I've heard great things! Fingers crossed!