It’s time to start dressing the house in red and pink! A while back, I showed a rag banner I made for Hallie’s birthday party in navy and gold. It was surprisingly easy and cheap enough that I’ve made it again for Valentine’s day.
Here’s how to make it:
1. Buy 1/4 yard of four different fabrics.
2. Cut 9 one inch strips of fabric. (I folded it and used a rotary cutter to make the process quick)
3. Take each one inch strip (which is the width of the fabric you purchased) and cut them into fourths. I take all the strips of one color and hold them in my hand – fold it over and cut and take each half and cut it again. This will give 36 strips of each fabric.
4. Choose what material you want to tie the fabric to. It could be ribbon, baker’s twine, string, etc. Fold a piece of fabric in half with the twine sitting on top of it. Take the ends and put them through the loop and this will create a knot.
5. Continue alternating fabrics, tying knots, pushing the fabrics together until you have the fullness and length you desire.
It really is that easy. This is a sit-on-the-couch-and-watch-a-movie project which is just what I need sometimes!
Sooooo pretty! Holly 🙂